The traditional lemon and Manuka honey hot drink I’ve been guzzling for as long as I can remember. To help fight those nasty colds that make you feel 90 years old. You can add ginger if your keen… extra bug fighting bits ‘n’ what not.
I woke up with a cold in the hottest week of Summer we’ve had in a row this whole season… WTF?! So I’m drowning my self in this sweet citrus bomb.
Anytime anyone gets sick the words just shart themselves out of everyones mouth “LEMONHONEYHOTDRINK”. You’ve got to have the good ol’ Manuka honey though, thats how the bad bacteria gets a beat down.
- 1/2 lemon – juiced
- 2 teapoons of Manuka honey
- 3/4 cup of hot water
- dash of cold water
- 1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger (optional)
1. Fill the jug with cold water and boil.
2. Prepare the lemon by cutting in half and juice the heck out of it – REMOVE PIPS.
3. If you’re using ginger as well, finely grate it now.
4. When the kettle has boiled add the teaspoons of Manuka honey, juiced lemon and optional ginger into the glass.
5. Pour in the hot water. Make sure you leave 1/4 or so at the top of the cup.
7. Add in the dash of cold water.